ALSO READ: The State of American Credit Health in 2019
This month, we partnered up with the team at The Water Coolest to bring you… (drumroll please)
THE WATER COOLEST $100,000 STOCK CHALLENGE on Wall Street Survivor
Here’s what you need to know. The competition runs November 4th-December 6th, 2019 (but you can join anytime). Every trader starts with $100,000 in virtual cash through their Wall Street Survivor portfolio. The goal is grow that $100,000 as much as possible before the end of the competition.
*** SPECIAL ALERT -- May 10, 2020 -- Motley Fool Stock Picks On FIRE! ****The recent Motley Fool stocks picks, even with this COVID crisis, are STILL performing well and beating the SP500! Here are some of their most recent picks and their performance:
- Shopify (SHOP) – April 2, 2020 pick and it is already up 90%
- Zoom Video (ZM) – March 19, 2020 pick and it is already up 16%
- DexCom (DXCM) picked Feb 20, 2020 right before the market crashed and it is still up 17%
- Tesla (TSLA) picked January 2, 2020 before the crash and it is up 77% compared to the SP500 -12% so it is ahead of the market by 89%
- HubSpot (HUBS) picked December 5, 2019 and it is up 4%
- Netflix (NFLX) picked November 21, 2019 and it is up 37%
- Trade Desk (TTD) picked November 11, 2019 and up 50%
- Zoom Video originally picked Oct 3 and it is up 87%
- SolarEdge (SEDG) picked September 19, 2019 and it is up 20%
- Zoom was also picked October 3, 2019 and it is up 95% since then.
Normally the Fool service is priced at $199 per year but they are currently offering it for just $99/year if you click this link.
Hurry! Order now so you will get their next stock pick! Here is the expected schedule of release dates for their stock picks...:
- June 4 - Tom's New Recommendation
- June 11 - Tom's New Best Buys Now
- June 18 - David's New Recommendation
- June 25 - David New Best Buys Now
The more you grow your virtual portfolio, the more real money you can make! The top ten traders at the end of the month are going to walk away with $$$ in their pockets:
- 1st: $1000
- 2nd: $350
- 3rd: $200
- 4th & 5th: $100
- 6th-10th: $50
(prize money distributed as Amazon gift cards)
If my math is correct that’s $2000 in prizes for this month’s competition! Ready to get started? Join the competition here!
But wait…who is The Water Coolest? Well, we’re glad you asked.
The Water Coolest delivers carefully curated daily business news and financial advice directly to your inbox every weekday morning. You know, the kinda news and advice you need to snap necks and cash checks in stock market games … and in real life.
The Water Coolest’s unfiltered commentary and focus on your bottom line sets it apart from “your daddy’s business Journal” (think: boring, long-winded business news sites). You can sign up now for the preferred daily biz news email newsletter of college students and young professionals here.
How To Register
If you already have a WSS account, log in and click “Recommended” leagues on your Dashboard page, then join The Water Coolest League!
If you don’t already have an account, click here to register directly into The Water Coolest league.
- Each individual is allowed only one portfolio in any contest
- Winners will be contacted by email to receive their prize. This must be the email address associated with your account. If you need to change your email address, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every contest has a starting portfolio value of $100,000 USD, allows only US equities, ETFs, and cryptocurrencies.
- Day trading and short selling are permitted in all contests
- 500 max trades per account
- 25% position limit
- Margin trading is allowed. 8% interest will be charged on loan balances
- All winners will be audited, and disqualifications will take place at our team’s sole discretion
- Winners must claim their prize within 30 days of the results being announced
- We may ask winners to provide a photo ID upon claiming their prize as part of our auditing process.