Welcome to Earnings Season!
It’s EARNINGS SEASON everyone! If you haven’t heard yet, Wall Street Survivor is hosting a special series of earnings season competitions every week in February. So tell your friends, family, coworkers, and classmates that $250 is on the line EVERY week on Wall Street Survivor. Join our Week 2 competition here, and go ahead and register for Weeks 3 and 4 as well!
Earnings season is the time toward the end of every quarter where publicly traded companies announce their Earnings Per Share. Every quarter, analysts try to predict companies’ EPS and generally, if earnings exceed analyst expectation, stock prices rise. But if a company misses the mark, its stock price will most likely suffer. Earnings season is always a volatile time, and when the market is moving there are always big winners and big losers.
To celebrate, Wall Street Survivor wants to see YOU make the most of the market shifts by joining our Weekly Earnings Season Competitions! How much money can you make in week? We’ll give you $100,000 in virtual cash and let you show us. And if you can rise above the competition, we’ll send some REAL CASH your way!
Earnings This Week
This week we’ve got some MAJOR earnings reports releasing. Industry titans like Coca Cola, Credit Suisse, and Newell Brands are expected to shift the markets. Some hot up-and-comers like Shopify, Canopy Growth Company, and Twilio have analysts’ eyes glued to the charts. And some recently troubled firms like Nvidia, Under Armour, and Activision are looking to change their fate! That’s a lot of action you don’t want to miss out on.
Levi’s Earnings Season Picks
*** SPECIAL ALERT -- May 10, 2020 -- Motley Fool Stock Picks On FIRE! ****The recent Motley Fool stocks picks, even with this COVID crisis, are STILL performing well and beating the SP500! Here are some of their most recent picks and their performance:
- Shopify (SHOP) – April 2, 2020 pick and it is already up 90%
- Zoom Video (ZM) – March 19, 2020 pick and it is already up 16%
- DexCom (DXCM) picked Feb 20, 2020 right before the market crashed and it is still up 17%
- Tesla (TSLA) picked January 2, 2020 before the crash and it is up 77% compared to the SP500 -12% so it is ahead of the market by 89%
- HubSpot (HUBS) picked December 5, 2019 and it is up 4%
- Netflix (NFLX) picked November 21, 2019 and it is up 37%
- Trade Desk (TTD) picked November 11, 2019 and up 50%
- Zoom Video originally picked Oct 3 and it is up 87%
- SolarEdge (SEDG) picked September 19, 2019 and it is up 20%
- Zoom was also picked October 3, 2019 and it is up 95% since then.
Normally the Fool service is priced at $199 per year but they are currently offering it for just $99/year if you click this link.
Hurry! Order now so you will get their next stock pick! Here is the expected schedule of release dates for their stock picks...:
- June 4 - Tom's New Recommendation
- June 11 - Tom's New Best Buys Now
- June 18 - David's New Recommendation
- June 25 - David New Best Buys Now
This week, my picks are Shopify, Under Armour, Activision, Twilio, and Nvidia. Let’s break it down:
I’m bullish on Shopify and Twilio! They’re both growth stocks that have been on a tear recently. Shopify has been beating analyst earnings estimates for years, and Twilio is also riding on a strong record of positive earnings surprises and revenue growth. Although some may think these firms are going to fall flat, I’m betting on at least one more quarter of growth.
I’m shorting Under Armour, Activision, and Nvidia. All three companies have struggled recently: Activision and Nvidia are facing six months of plummeting prices, and Under Armour is desperately trying to climb back from major lows in late 2017. In my opinion, it would take some outstanding earnings news for the general attitude toward these stocks to change. Of course, I could be wrong, but I just don’t think it’s going to happen for these stocks this quarter.
What Will You Pick This Earnings Week?
Agree? Disagree? Let me know your picks this week in the comments below. Remember to sign up here, and I’ll see you on the leaderboard! Happy trading everyone, I’ll be back next week!