Endari, approved on July 7, 2017 for patients with sickle cell disease, marks the first approval for this rare blood disorder in nearly 20 years. Endari is manufactured by privately-held Emmaus Medical Inc.
ALSO READ: Where The Paypal Mafia Ended Up
Health care giant Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Janssen Biotech Inc.’s Tremfya was approved for the treatment of adult patients with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis on July 13, 2017. This drug becomes the first and only approved biologic therapy that selectively blocks only IL-23, a cytokine that plays a key role in plaque psoriasis.
On July 17, 2017, the FDA approved Puma Biotechnology Inc.’s (PBYI) Nerlynx, the first extended adjuvant therapy for early-stage, HER2-postive breast cancer.
Another new drug that was given thumbs up by the FDA is Gilead Sciences Inc.’s (GILD) Vosevi for hepatitis C, approved on July 18, 2017. Vosevi is the first treatment approved for patients who have been previously treated with the direct-acting antiviral drug Sofosbuvir or other drugs for HCV that inhibit a protein called NS5A.
*** SPECIAL ALERT -- May 10, 2020 -- Motley Fool Stock Picks On FIRE! ****The recent Motley Fool stocks picks, even with this COVID crisis, are STILL performing well and beating the SP500! Here are some of their most recent picks and their performance:
- Shopify (SHOP) – April 2, 2020 pick and it is already up 90%
- Zoom Video (ZM) – March 19, 2020 pick and it is already up 16%
- DexCom (DXCM) picked Feb 20, 2020 right before the market crashed and it is still up 17%
- Tesla (TSLA) picked January 2, 2020 before the crash and it is up 77% compared to the SP500 -12% so it is ahead of the market by 89%
- HubSpot (HUBS) picked December 5, 2019 and it is up 4%
- Netflix (NFLX) picked November 21, 2019 and it is up 37%
- Trade Desk (TTD) picked November 11, 2019 and up 50%
- Zoom Video originally picked Oct 3 and it is up 87%
- SolarEdge (SEDG) picked September 19, 2019 and it is up 20%
- Zoom was also picked October 3, 2019 and it is up 95% since then.
Normally the Fool service is priced at $199 per year but they are currently offering it for just $99/year if you click this link.
Hurry! Order now so you will get their next stock pick! Here is the expected schedule of release dates for their stock picks...:
- June 4 - Tom's New Recommendation
- June 11 - Tom's New Best Buys Now
- June 18 - David's New Recommendation
- June 25 - David New Best Buys Now
Now, let’s take a look at the biotech stocks awaiting word from the FDA in August.Aspect Imaging Ltd’s Embrace Neonatal MRI System received FDA clearance on July 20, 2017, becoming the first neonatal magnetic resonance imaging device to get a regulatory green light.
Practice trading these Biotech Stocks on WSS now!
First Seen on RTTNews