Investing myths are plentiful. They’re out there, muddying the investment waters. The truth is that you really can take control of your financial future and you can do it quite well. Here are some of the most common myths surrounding stock market investing.
Investing requires advanced training and college degrees: MYTH.
ALSO READ: Throwback Thursday: Rent or Buy?
While formal education is certainly beneficial, the stock market is constantly changing. We’re now able to invest in our own education by using online resources, reading books and doing our own intensive research into the industry and market. It’s not an exclusive club and you’re no less capable than the next person.
You get what you pay for: MYTH.
Financial sales-people would love to have you believe that your rate of return more than pays for the financial advice they provide. Sadly, statistics tend to show differently, no matter how convincing your broker may be. Eliminating the middle man can significantly increase the rate of return for many investors. Just make sure you fully understand what you are paying for and then decide if it is really worth it.
*** SPECIAL ALERT -- May 10, 2020 -- Motley Fool Stock Picks On FIRE! ****The recent Motley Fool stocks picks, even with this COVID crisis, are STILL performing well and beating the SP500! Here are some of their most recent picks and their performance:
- Shopify (SHOP) – April 2, 2020 pick and it is already up 90%
- Zoom Video (ZM) – March 19, 2020 pick and it is already up 16%
- DexCom (DXCM) picked Feb 20, 2020 right before the market crashed and it is still up 17%
- Tesla (TSLA) picked January 2, 2020 before the crash and it is up 77% compared to the SP500 -12% so it is ahead of the market by 89%
- HubSpot (HUBS) picked December 5, 2019 and it is up 4%
- Netflix (NFLX) picked November 21, 2019 and it is up 37%
- Trade Desk (TTD) picked November 11, 2019 and up 50%
- Zoom Video originally picked Oct 3 and it is up 87%
- SolarEdge (SEDG) picked September 19, 2019 and it is up 20%
- Zoom was also picked October 3, 2019 and it is up 95% since then.
Normally the Fool service is priced at $199 per year but they are currently offering it for just $99/year if you click this link.
Hurry! Order now so you will get their next stock pick! Here is the expected schedule of release dates for their stock picks...:
- June 4 - Tom's New Recommendation
- June 11 - Tom's New Best Buys Now
- June 18 - David's New Recommendation
- June 25 - David New Best Buys Now
Mutual fund companies have been criticized for high fees without demonstrated performance. Especially once the fees are subtracted, performance isn’t always that impressive….some would even call it dismal. Don’t pay to play if the fund doesn’t perform.
Good Companies Automatically Make For Good Stock: MYTH.
A company may have a great product and a super charismatic CEO, but this says close to nothing about whether or not it’s worth investing in. Sometimes smoke and mirrors do a seamless job and a seemingly hot company may actually have no profitability. They may be covering up a business model that consumes, rather than generates, cash. It is important to always conduct proper analyses and verify the stock’s valuation before buying any stocks, because a good company can sometimes make a good product but a really bad investment.