Investing goes beyond the latest projections and trends. Investing is a mindset that is best cultivated through reading. Head to your local library, scour the pages of Amazon, or take a look at your virtual bookshelf – these books are investment classics that any eager investor should read!
ALSO READ: Friday’s Fun Fact: Penny Wise, Pound Foolish
I. The Intelligent Investor: The Classic Text on Value Investing by Benjamin Graham. Benjamin Graham was Warren Buffet’s mentor (enough said, right?). Graham was also an influential economist, investor, and professor at the prestigious Columbia Business School. Graham penned ‘The Intelligent Investor’ back in 1949, but the information contained in this book is still valuable today. Graham’s book is straightforward, easy to read, and contains the basics of Value Investing.
II.Market Wizards: Interviews with Top Traders by Jack D. Schwager. This book consists of a collection of interviews with some of the top traders in the United States. Traders interviewed include Dana Galante, Claudio Guazzoni, Michael Lauer, and others. Each investor has a different view, unique outlooks, and invaluable advice. Sometimes conflicting information is the best way to understand the whole and larger picture!
*** SPECIAL ALERT -- May 10, 2020 -- Motley Fool Stock Picks On FIRE! ****The recent Motley Fool stocks picks, even with this COVID crisis, are STILL performing well and beating the SP500! Here are some of their most recent picks and their performance:
- Shopify (SHOP) – April 2, 2020 pick and it is already up 90%
- Zoom Video (ZM) – March 19, 2020 pick and it is already up 16%
- DexCom (DXCM) picked Feb 20, 2020 right before the market crashed and it is still up 17%
- Tesla (TSLA) picked January 2, 2020 before the crash and it is up 77% compared to the SP500 -12% so it is ahead of the market by 89%
- HubSpot (HUBS) picked December 5, 2019 and it is up 4%
- Netflix (NFLX) picked November 21, 2019 and it is up 37%
- Trade Desk (TTD) picked November 11, 2019 and up 50%
- Zoom Video originally picked Oct 3 and it is up 87%
- SolarEdge (SEDG) picked September 19, 2019 and it is up 20%
- Zoom was also picked October 3, 2019 and it is up 95% since then.
Normally the Fool service is priced at $199 per year but they are currently offering it for just $99/year if you click this link.
Hurry! Order now so you will get their next stock pick! Here is the expected schedule of release dates for their stock picks...:
- June 4 - Tom's New Recommendation
- June 11 - Tom's New Best Buys Now
- June 18 - David's New Recommendation
- June 25 - David New Best Buys Now
III. The Essays of Warren Buffett, by Warren Buffet and Lawrence Cunningham. Buffet’s “essays” are really the letters that he wrote to shareholders of Berkshire Hathaway. Not sure of the importance of shareholder letters? Buffet includes far more than standard company details in his essays. You’ll find investment tips and other pieces of wisdom included in this book.
IV. One Up On Wall Street: How To Use What You Already Know To Make Money In The Market by Peter Lynch. The famed mutual funds manager, Peter Lynch, gets down to the details in this classic book. Readers will learn all about Leverage and why the concept will place investors at an advantage. Lynch’s book is an interesting read and helps to form unique investment perspectives.
V. The Four Pillars of Investing: Lessons for Building a Winning Portfolio by William Bernstein. This book covers all the basics from how to build a portfolio to understanding different asset classes. Bernstein takes readers through the most important aspects of investing as he sees them. This is one of those books that will stick with you for the rest of your years.